IMT Kudos

These are comments made by parents and students who have experienced the Immersive Technology Programs at Heritage Christian Online School.

“I also wanted to thank you for making my daughter’s school year so enjoyable. 😀  She loved every minute of the classes and always had an earful for our family on what she had learned in her Monday morning sessions. 

She was scared to get started in September, but you, along with Mrs. Nimchuk quickly helped her to put all her fears and worries aside so she could learn in a wonderfully positive environment and now she hates to lose you as a teacher. 

It was nice that her new teacher was introduced in class last week, as she is once more feeling excited”

“I appreciate your encouragement a great deal.  I am beginning to realize that I enjoy writing a lot more since I have started the IMT course.  Writing assignments used to be a source of irritation as I found it quite difficult to get my words on paper, but I am now finding I take much more pleasure in it.  You have really helped to make learning fun and your encouragement pushes me always do my best.” 

“My friend reminded me of how much perseverance that it took to start homeschooling, and something new… We are back in the questing business…Matt is enjoying it, and is learning to pay more attention. It’s a good lesson for him. I have backed right off an let him read his way through it….it works better that way.”

“I’m beginning to see how really high level learning will be drawn out of him through this appealing environment.”

“I believe that the more I learned about cells today, the more realistic God creating everything seemed compared to some big bang. Every tiny detail that is in us, God put there, and remembers it to this day. Makes a lot more sense to me.”

“This project was amazing. It has helped me so much and I hope your next year students enjoy it as much as I did. This project has really opened my eyes to what went on during the 3rd crusade and King Richard’s time. As for IMT8 it has opened my eyes in a totally different way. I could connect with students through Scribblar chat…I loved the forums because I could read what other people had wrote (after I had submitted my work of course) and see what they had to say and their worldview.”

“I have been so pleased with the QA program, and have seen progress in the short time we’ve been involved with it.”

Recent Posts

HCOS IMT Language Program Overview

The latest overview of the IMT Language Program and class times is available here: http://goo.gl/Iq0Mys

The following IMT Language Courses that are currently available:

• French Level 1 Linear, Grades 5-7
  • French Level 2 Linear, Grades 6-9 (Level 1 prerequisite strongly recommended, or placement test and introduction to technology)
  • Spanish Level 1 Linear, Grades 5-7

Course descriptions:

French Level 1

Set in a richly diverse and comprehensive 3D interactive French Canadian town, the students in Immersive World French enter as 3D avatars. There, the students attend a fully functional school where they get live 45 minute classroom instruction once per week, can ask questions, and interact with peers and mentors. Their class will visit the game preserves and the aquarium, ski the slopes of the local resort, and meet in cafes and restaurants to experience French culture. Students get to furnish and decorate their own homes for visits by friends and the teacher. Throughout such activities the students learn and master French vocabulary, oral skills, and grammar in an experiential and immersive manner. They will subsequently record their assigned interactions with the teacher and/or others for assessment.

French Level 2

In the second level of Immersive Technology French, students meet weekly in Active Worlds 3DU with Madame Hadley for live classroom instruction where they can ask questions, and interact with peers and mentors. Their class will visit the TV studio to develop features for the local news, learn to travel through the town using different modes of transport, and practice hospitality in their own homes that they have furnished and decorated. Throughout such activities the students learn and master French vocabulary, oral skills, and grammar in an experiential and immersive manner. They will subsequently record their assigned interactions with the teacher and/or others for assessment.

Spanish Level 1

Set in a richly diverse and comprehensive 3D interactive Spanish town, the students in Immersive World Spanish enter as 3D avatars. There, the students attend a fully functional school where they get live classroom instruction once per week with Senora Chelini (and Madame Hadley part-time). They can ask questions and interact with peers and mentors. Their class will visit the game preserves and the aquarium, explore the beaches and outdoors, and meet in cafes and restaurants to experience Spanish culture. Students get to furnish and decorate their own homes for visits by friends and the teacher. Throughout such activities the students learn and master Spanish vocabulary, oral skills, and grammar in an experiential and immersive manner. They will subsequently record their assigned interactions with the teacher and/or others for assessment.

The following link will take you to a video showing some of the highlights of Language World:  IMT French Demo

Minimum Tech Guidelines:

Classes meet weekly online and complete assigned course-work following each lesson. Access to a computer with broadband internet connection and a headset with microphone are required. While the program works with most MACs, Apple upgrades may or may not support this software. The following specs are recommended in order to take advantage of the powerful 3D virtual world experience.

• 2.0Ghz or better
  • 2GB
  • 500MB (client plus cache)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
  • Mac OS X 10.6 or newer
  • Card with 32MB of VRAM
  • Source: Atlantisremixed.org
  1. Immersive Technology 8 Leave a reply
  2. Immersive Technology Languages Leave a reply
  3. Immersive Technology 5 Leave a reply
  4. IMT News: Moving Onward with 21st Century Immersive Technology Program Leave a reply
  5. IMT Program update Leave a reply
  6. Jordan Klein and The Chronicles of Entanglement Leave a reply
  7. Name that World! Leave a reply
  8. HCOS Students Ranked Among Top Ten! Leave a reply
  9. Dimension U: A Letter to Parents Leave a reply