Immersive Technology 8 (IMT8) covers the Core Competencies from the new BC Education Plan for the following four subject areas:
- Purposeful and creative writing, poetry
- Social, cultural and historical connections to texts
- Contact and conflict between people groups, stimulated change
- Exploration, expansion, colonization and consequences
- Human and environmental factors
- Innovations, effects
- Bible Doctrine, devotions, discipleship
- Worldview and how it shapes people
Applied Design, Skills and Technology
- Design thinking and inquiry based learning
- Digital literacy
- Computational thinking
- Broaden and develop digital literacy skills to create strong 21st Century Learners who are actively engaged in their learning
- Gain technological skills to prepare them for a successful future.
- Build and strengthen social skills within a safe community of learners (group meetings are held weekly in a moderated 3D online virtual world called 3DU).
A learning management system (Moodle) is used as a base for student submissions and lessons along with the immersive technologies listed below.
- Thinking World
- Wolf Quest
- Brain Pop
- L4U and Overdrive
- Virtual Field Trips
- Various digital resources
- Dimension U
IMT5 is available to all students and their families who are enrolled with Heritage Christian Online School.
For more information about the IMT program please check out the IMT blog (http://immersivetechnology.edublogs.org) and/or contact either Gord Holden (gholden@onlineschool) or Michelle Nimchuk (email@example.com).